

I've beentrying to organize all the stuff inside my drawers and found several Funny komiks (yes, komiks, that's how it is spelled) neatly stacked at the bottom. I had a surge of nostalgia after seeing those materials that got me interested in reading at the age of 4. I remember then, asking my mom to buy me a copy of FK every Friday, and would throw a tantrum if she forgets to bring one back from a nearby newspaper stand. Reminiscing how i always follow the (mis)adventures of Combatron, Little Ninja, Super Blag, Niknok, Eklok, Viktar Istarkid, Planet opdi Eyps, Twinkee & Exhor, AX, etc. made me realize how simple life was at that time compared to the kind of recreational stuff that kids today get interested in.
It's kind of surprising how I managed to keep a 1984 issue of Funny komiks (same year I was born) . I wonder if it's worth anything much right now, but for me that material is proof that my idiot of a brother actually bothered to read when he was a kid ^_^. It's also a reminder that Filipino comics then should not be underestimated and I do believe, should be continued for the next generation's children to enjoy. Efforts of reviving such industry by Pinoy illustrators, comic artists and even Director Carlo Caparas (though I still cant forgive him for accepting the National Artist award conveniently given to her by Gloria as a favor, and being a big douche proclaiming himself loved by the "masang pilipino" therefore making him deserving of such prestigious award. But then again that's a different story) is very much appreciated.
I dont know what else I can find inside my drawer (hopefully, no sleazy things that I kept when I was a kid ^ ^), but guess I would have to brace myself this time for a nostalgic adventure of reminiscing my childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment